the name comes from my favorite salvador dali painting:

the following excerpt, a favorite paragraph from a favorite book, explains my blog's URL, and the place where i have found myself in life as of late:
"The next morning I saw dawn for the first time. It began not as the gorgeous fanfare over the ocean I had expected, but as a strange gray thing, like sunshine through burlap...The ocean looked dead too, dead gray waves hissing mordantly along the beach, which was gray and dead-looking itself. I turned over and tried to sleep again but couldn't, and so lay on my back looking at this gray burlap sky. Very gradually, like one instrument after another being tentatively rehearsed, beacons of color began to pierce the sky. The ocean perked up a little from the reflection of these colored slivers in the sky. Bright high lights shone on the tips of waves, and beneath its gray surface I could see lurking a deep midnight green. The beach shed its deadness and became a spectral gray-white, then more white than gray, and finally it was totally white and stainless, as pure as the shores of Eden."
-A Separate Peace
maybe, if i am lucky, i will find the time and energy to keep up with this blog a bit more than i could with the last one.
4 comments:
I like the name my dear :)
this was a big step for us. thanks for the encouragement--i only hope xanga won't feel too abandoned now that there are only 3 people using it on the entire planet.
Thank you for being part of the overwhelming peer influence to switch to blogger-- and I wouldn't bother stalking Miracle, he never writes in there :P
yay, Kerri! I'm excited too!
Post a Comment